Hey everyone and welcome to my YA book blog. I love to read YA novels so I decided to create a blog and write reviews about the books I read. If anyone would like to suggest a book or wants me to do a review on a certain book please tell me. Also as I am new to the blogging world please bare with me.

...sincerely, a reader

Saturday, January 22, 2011

City of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Sorry everyone i accidentally got rid of this review so i had to re post it so the date is stuffed up.
Plot Summary:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy? 

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know.... 


My Review:

Let me start off by saying that I love fantasy and as soon as I started City of Bones, the first book in The Mortal Instruments series, I was roped into the world of Shadowhunters. There was no slow build up or boring beginning it just cut straight into action involving a demon, three young Shadowhunters and of course our female protagonist, Clary Fray.
Clary’s character was resolute on saving her mother and finding out why all of a sudden terrifying monsters were attacking her after witnessing a demon murder and being pulled into the world of shadowhunters, vampires, werewolves, other mysterious downworlders and the horrifyingly mutilated Silent Brothers. Clary is not a ‘damsel in distress’ rather she is a strong character who is able to hold her own in this strange world and the Shadowhunters want to know why. How can a mundane kill a demon with her bare hands?
The plot kept twisting and turning and I never knew what to expect next. I loved all of the characters except Simon got on my nerves a bit because he was always just hanging around. All in all City of Bones was a great fantasy novel involving all the mythological creatures we know and introducing us to some new ones. With a love triangle thrown into the plot, many Young Adults would love this read. Cassandra Clare was able to create a beautiful fantasy world with her descriptive writing and unique characters. Once I started it I couldn’t put it down.

Score: 9 out of 10 


...sincerely, a reader

8 comments:

  1. I love your blog, I read all the books that you reviewd, It looks we have the same taste in young adult books. I hope to see some more reviews on here soon :)

    If you have any blogging questions or just want to chat email me at abloggergirl17@aol.com

    check out my blog, you might like it , but be warned, im kind of new to it so there's not alot up there right now, but there will be. I'll have a contest up there soon so check it out :)

    http://thebookblogexperience.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW THANKS :D your comment just totally made my day! :) and yeah do you have a suggestion for my next review out of the list on the right? xx ill check out your blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you review losing faith?

    I havent been able to buy that book and I wanted to know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure ive already reviewed it any other suggestions?? and thanks for reading my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your welcome, you could review the hunger games, its a very popular trilogy, did you read the whole trilogy yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah i have read the trilogy not sure about the third it definitely wasn't as good as the first and the second wasn't either but still i had to finish the series

    ReplyDelete
  7. please write any book suggestions or anything else i should include in my blog on the suggestions page it will help me a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome blog and I love the post!
    -Lauren http://lrjohnson13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete