Hey everyone and welcome to my YA book blog. I love to read YA novels so I decided to create a blog and write reviews about the books I read. If anyone would like to suggest a book or wants me to do a review on a certain book please tell me. Also as I am new to the blogging world please bare with me.

...sincerely, a reader

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Beastly - Alex Flinn

Hey everyone! I read this as part of my bookclub on goodreads and really enjoyed it! So here is the review...ps sorry i havent posted in a while school started back and i got a bit sidetracked.

Plot Summary 
I am a beast.

A beast!

Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright. I am a monster.

You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll,stay this way forever—ruined—unless I can break the spell.
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly . . . beastly.



My Review
I really love re-tellings of classic fairy tales. Beastly by Alex Flinn was a great modernized version of Beauty and the Beast. Which is one of my all time favourite Disney movies. At the start I hated Kyle, the main character, he was so cruel and self centered however he redeemed himself throughout the book.

Beastly was a very short novel and I think the ending was rushed and it ended so quickly that when I finished I wasn't really sure about the ending. The book was a great novel just to read and it made me angry, laugh and cry. So you guys can be the judge. The novel had many interesting aspects that I haven't encountered in a book before such as an online chat that was very funny and was well written and thought out.All in all I thought the book was short and sweet but nothing amazing.


Score 8 out of 10

...sincerely, a reader

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I've been on the fence rather or not to read this book. I think I'll give it a shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you should it doesn't take too long to read but i wouldnt say it is an awesome read just sweet so yeah give it a try and see what you think :) and thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book, I thought it was going to be an okay book but I was wrong.

    I cant wait for the movie, it comes out on March 4 where i live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely review!

    This book looks really great, and I cannot wait for the movie! It has alex pettyfer in. I Hope thats how you spell it..!

    Perhaps if you have time, would you mind stopping by my blog?
    Thanks!
    http://lovelylilbookworm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the movie but I haven't read the book yet lol but I sure love it though they say it's really different compare with the book surely I'll read it one of these days.The modern fairytale twist is very lovely Oh beastly FTW!

    I'm a new follower feel free to drop by
    http://kimyunalesca.blogspot.com/

    Take care ^_^

    ReplyDelete